How It Works
- RHS students can submit their fiction, non-fiction, poetry, and artwork to email@example.com, or through the Echoes website.
- Works are compiled anonymously into one spreadsheet by the senior managing editor. Note: only the senior managing editor will know who the work belongs to.
- Student work is sent out to staffs that review and critique each piece without bias, giving it a ranking and justifying the score of the piece.
- The highest scoring works are then selected and will be edited for grammatical and thematic suggestions, though the author or artist does not have to accept the suggestions.
- The number of works accepted vary each year depending on the length of the pieces, as well as our budget. Due to the vast number of submissions we receive, only the authors and artists of the works chosen will be contacted prior to Spring Break.
- The finalized pieces will be featured in the Echoes Literary Arts Magazine released in the Spring.
- Please submit all your work by the contest deadline. Work submitted after the deadline are not guaranteed to be in the magazine.
- Fiction and Creative Non-Fiction has a maximum word length of 2,000 words.
- To ensure the quality of the pictures, please submit them as either JPEG or PNG.
- Feel free to submit as many as you like!